You can enjoy Pizza anytime, anywhere. It may be your lunchtime, snack time, or your dinner time. Moreover, we all wait for a weekend Pizza party to enjoy that yummy and cheesy delight. So, it is expectable that sometimes there will be extra Pizza after finishing your meal. And you, in any condition, won’t throw this tasty food into the dustbin. Instead, you will keep it in the fridge, and the next day you will think about how to reheat Pizza.
This Italian taste bonanza is a star of the world’s culinary culture. Pizza started its journey from Italy. But now it offers the most popular celebratory meal around the world. From the chef’s kitchen to Grandmother’s cooking table, Pizza goes through many experiments and tends to be more delicious. So, each time one cooks Pizza, it receives a new grandeur. And this culture gives rise to new flavors of Pizza. But in all cases reheating of Pizza comes on our way as we prepare or purchase it in ample amount. And most of the time, we are left with extra Pizza.
In this article, we will discuss how to reheat Pizza keeping its taste intact. The report also includes tips for reheating Pizza in different mediums like an oven, gas stove, microwave, etc. So be with us and read how we reheat Pizza to try this effective method at your home.
How To Reheat Pizza?
We often reheat our leftover food the next day; then, why is reheating Pizza a big concern. It is because of its unique fluffy texture with a crispy crust, layers of melting cheese, and fresh toppings. We want all its features to remain intact, and it tastes like a newly cooked Pizza after reheating. So it is crucial to know the right temperature and cooking time for reheating a Pizza. Otherwise, all the moisture will dry out, and your Pizza will turn hard and lose the taste. So here is how to reheat Pizza while restoring its taste like before.
How To Reheat Pizza In The Oven?
An oven is the best medium to reheat your Pizza. If you want to enjoy the same taste as a newly cooked Pizza, it is the best option. The crunchy crust, melting cheese, and the several toppings sizzled with spices; everything will remain the same. The only drawback of heating Pizza in the oven is that your kitchen will become warm. And it will take longer if you tend to reheat one or two slices of Pizza. It is because the efficiency of the oven increases with more amount of food inside it.
So an oven is ideal for heating half of a Pizza or more. Otherwise, you can use a toaster oven which is more convenient for heating one or two slices of Pizza. It will save your time as you don’t have to heat the oven. And the toaster oven will offer you the perfect hot and tasty Pizza. So you can enjoy the soft cheesy staff on a crunchy base. But for a whole or half Pizza, you should go with an oven and follow the below steps.
- For preheating the oven, set the temperature at 350 F.
- Wrap the Pizza in aluminum foil and put it on the oven rack. Thus your Pizza will get heat from top and bottom. And it will provide even cooking. You can also preheat a sheet pan along with the oven. And place the Pizza on the heated pan. It will provide more crunchy crust.
- Now, bake the Pizza for 8 to 10 minutes until it becomes hot, and the cheese starts melting. For a crispier base, you can bake it for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- If you want your Pizza to be soft, avoid preheating the sheet pan. You can only preheat the oven and place the pan containing Pizza inside it. But it will take a longer time. So follow the process only if you have a whole or half of the Pizza to reheat.
- Remember that you need to heat the Pizza for 5 to 6 minutes when you use a toaster.
How To Reheat Pizza on the Stovetop?
If you have only a few slices of Pizza to reheat, then a skillet on the stovetop will work fine. And you don’t have to reheat the oven that will save time and energy. Also, in this method, the reheated Pizza will taste like a newly cooed one. So you can enjoy the same gooey cheese and hot toppings on the crispy crust by following the below steps.
- Heat the skillet at medium heat.
- Place the pizza slices on the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes without covering.
- Then sprinkle a little water at the blank area of the skillet and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the Pizza be cooked for another couple of minutes until the cheese starts melting and the toppings are hot.
- For this method, a cast-iron skillet is ideal, but it will take longer to heat up. And a stainless steel skillet also works fine.
When you reheat the Pizza in a skillet, a simple trick will makes your Pizza just an oven-fresh one. After placing the Pizza, sprinkle a little water into the pan and cover it with a lid. It will create steam and save the Pizza from drying out.
How To Reheat Pizza in the Microwave?
It is the fastest process to reheat a Pizza. But you may not be satisfied with the result. It is because your Pizza may get sticky with a stiff base after reheating it in a microwave. And the reason behind this problem is the working mechanism of the device. It is because microwave produces waves and the water molecules of the food absorb that wave energy. Then the molecules start vibrating, and the food gets heated.
Unlike a conventional oven that heats the Pizza from the outside, a microwave cooks it from the inside. In this process, the water evaporates quickly for absorbing such high energy. And the Pizza loses all the moisture becoming dry, sometimes ending up with a rock-hard crust. It is because the crust portion doesn’t include any watery substance. So better to reheat your Pie in an oven. However, you can reheat your Pizza in the microwave, as stated below.
- Place the Pizza on a plate and keep it inside the microwave.
- Fill another bowl with water and put it in the microwave beside the plate. This water will absorb some of the waves saving the moisture of the Pizza. And your Pie will heat up with the cheese melting before the crust is dry out.
- Now heat the Pizza for 30 to 45 seconds at a high temperature. It would be best to keep a watchful eye on what is happening inside to avoid any difficulty. Thus you will end up with a crunchy cheesy Pizza.
- You can also partially heat the Pizza in the microwave and then transfer it to a toaster. It will provide a crunchy crust.
How to Reheat Pizza in the Airfryer?
It is another easy way to reheat your leftover Pizza. And it takes the shortest time to reheat your Pizza in the air fryer. Put a slice of Pizza into the air fryer and turn it on. There is no need to use any skillet or oven and preheat them in this method. Just set the temperature and the time Carefully. It is because overheating will burn the Pizza within a couple of minutes.
The accurate time and temperature depend on the air fryer model. But in general, the ideal temperature is somewhere between 360 and 400 degrees. And the cooking time is 4 to 8 minutes. But remember that your Pizza may start burning at 5 minutes. So keep watchful eyes and reheat your Pizza as described below.
- Take a slice of Pizza and put it directly into the air fryer. You can heat only one piece at a time.
- Set the temperature between 360 and 400 degrees depending on the model of the air fryer.
- Now cook the Pizza for 4 to 8 minutes. It is good to use a timer to avoid burning.
- Once it is ready, transfer the Pizza immediately to a plate.
So this is all about reheating Pizza in different ways.
The best way to reheat a pizza is in the oven. It is because, in this process, your cheesy Pie will never dry out. Also, you will get the crispy crust to enjoy.
You only need to put the whole or half of the Pizza in the preheated oven. And bake it until the cheese starts melting. This method takes a little longer because you need to preheat the oven. But the taste of the reheated Pizza is worth it.
Hopefully, this article will help you to learn easy methods of how to reheat Pizza. Then, you can follow the method most convenient for you. Also, following the tips, you will end up with a soft cheesy staff on a crunchy base.
Do you want to know how to reheat a baked potato? Check, How to Reheat a Baked Potato? | Best Ways!