There are lots of incredible grills and smokers in the marketplace, yet not everyone has the storage space or money to buy both products. Finding a product that’s great at both jobs is like having the best of both worlds. In this article, we’ve listed and reviewed the best smoker grill combos currently available, that do both tasks perfectly. Getting one of these will make life a lot easier by allowing you to concentrate on achieving great flavors rather than barbecuing as a weekend chore.
At A Glance – Our Top Picks for Best Smoker Grill Combos
- Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker – Our Top Pick
- Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Traeger Grills Pro Series TFB57PZBO
- Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Pit Boss Grills 77550 5.5 Pellet Smoker
- Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker
- Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker CC1830S
- Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
- Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black CC1830F
Table of Contents
Best Smoker Grill Combo Reviews
Want the convenience to grill or smoke without fiddling with multiple products? Here are the best smoker grill combos to take care of that:
|Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker||• Item Dimensions: 21 x 19 x 41 inches|
• Weight: 39.1 Pounds
|Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker||• Item Dimension: 45 x 28 x 49 inches|
• Weight: 84 Pounds
|Traeger Grills Pro Series TFB57PZBO||• Item Dimensions: 41 x 27 x 49 inches|
• Weight: 46.49 Kilograms
|Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smokery||• Item Dimensions: 19.88 x 20.47 x 33.26 inches|
• Weight 45.9 Pounds
|Pit Boss Grills 77550 5.5 Pellet Smoker||• Item Dimensions: 28 x 29 x 53 inches|
• Weight: 131 Pounds
|Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker||• Item Dimensions: 31.4 x 14.75 x 14.75 inches|
• Weight: 23 Pounds
|Royal Gourmet 30" BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker CC1830S||• Item Dimensions: 55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches|
• Weight: 54.2 Pounds
|Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-Dr||• Item Dimensions: 45.5 x 24.9 x 58.8 inches|
• Weight 124.3 Pounds
|Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black CC1830F||• Item Dimensions: 45.3 x 26.8 x 48 inches|
• Weight: 57 Pounds
1. Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker
The 18-inch Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker (WSM), is the perfect sized smoker grill combo for a small family or gathering and it occupies the top position in our best smoker grill combo list. It gives you 481 square inches of cooking surface. That’s enough surface area to accommodate 6 to 7 chickens, half-a-dozen ribs, a large turkey (15-20 pounds), and an 8 lbs beef cut all in one go. All that food is enough to serve a few people at a party! If you want to cook juicy, savory cuts of meat for your friends right in your backyard, this cooker is your best bet!
It is indeed the best smoker grill combo, but where does all that food get cooked? This smoker grill is designed as a multi-level smokehouse, with two nickel-plated grates (18-1/2-inch-wide) that allow you to have a lot of food cooking without bias to which level it’s at. The smoke spreads evenly around the grills at all levels, ensuring all the items are cooked incredibly well.
The unconventionally large opening makes it possible for you to refuel the grill while it’s running. Not only does this feature make it super easy to refill wood or charcoal, but it also ensures you’ll have enough stock so you won’t run out of smoke. Moreover, the Smokey Mountain Cooker features a spring-loaded latch to solve the age-old problem of conventional cookers losing precious heat and smoke. The door latch automatically closes so you don’t have to worry about the equality of the cooking being affected.
It’s not just the door latch that makes your cooking results better. There’s also the water (or ash catch) pan, built-in thermometer, heat-resistant nylon handle, and the built-in air vents (on the bowl and lid) to talk about. All these features make the overall cooking experience flawless and highly-productive.
- The exterior material is porcelain-enameled steel.
- It’s a portable unit measuring 21” x 19” x 41” and weighs 39.1 lbs.
- You achieve an authentic smokehouse flavor in your very own backyard.
- The attached thermometer (built into the lid) is always precise.
- The removable ash catch pan makes cleanups simple.
- Durable & easy to assemble.
- High-performance at an affordable price point.
- 10-year warranty.
- A bigger WSM model ( 22-inch, for larger crowds) gives it some competition, but it comes at a higher cost.
- The smaller WSM model (14-inch) is even more portable and costs less.
Final Verdict: Editors Choice
2. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
The Z Grills Pellet Grill and Smoker is an acclaimed product for its superior features and excellent customer support. We feel this smoker grill combo is one of your best bets when it comes to pellet-grill and automatic smoker technology. You’ll find it a cinch to assemble and work with for churning out your favorite BBQ recipes. You’ll be happy with the grilling versatility this equipment offers as you use it to cook your favorite meals for up to 8 people at a time. It tactfully cooks your food till you achieve a mouthwatering, juicy barbeque that’s perfect for your and your guests’ taste buds.
Forget the taste of gas, propane, or charcoal-grilled food! Efficient pellet grill technology implies this grill is your gateway to highly preferred wood-smoked flavors everyone loves. When it comes to versatility, taste, and consistent performance, Z Grills is a class apart from most other grills in the marketplace. This equipment is the preferred choice for several distinct cooking methods like BBQ, roasting, grilling, char-grilling, searing, smoking, braising, and baking.
You get a spacious cooking area of 450 square inches, divided into two surfaces — the main cooking area, and a second cooking rack. That huge cooking capacity is supported by a whopping 15 lbs hopper capacity for the pellets. The foldable working shelf adds to the convenience of cooking, while the all-terrain wheels make this smoker grill easily transportable. It’s also very durable as the racks and cover are made of rust-proof material.
Cooking is made a lot easier — even for a beginner — as the equipment follows an innovative 6-in-1 auto temperature control mechanism. This technology enables pellets to be added automatically for regulating the temperature so that the food gets cooked evenly and perfectly. You should go for this grill if you’re a small family that’s big on flavor and looking for consistent results.
- Easy to assemble and use.
- You can set the temperature and let the auto temperature control do the rest.
- Consistent results.
- You get cooking versatility through the wide temperature range of 180° to 450° F.
- Perfect for small families that are huge on flavor.
- Durable, with a strong powder-coated finish.
- Large pellet hopper capacity offers longer cooking time and more efficiency compared to alternative fueling methods.
- Assembling it is easy, but it does take some time.
3. Traeger Grills Pro Series TFB57PZBO
The Traeger Grills TFB57PZBO model is worthy of being on the best smoker grill combo list for several good reasons. First off, it features a large cooking space of 572 square inches. That’s when you take into account the main cooking rack (418 square inches) and the extra grill rack (154 square inches) together. Secondly, its versatile 6-in-1 functionality lets you BBQ, roast, smoke, braise, bake, and grill your favorite recipes with ease. Next, there is a digital pro-controller, which has innovative grilling logic for maintaining your desired temperature automatically with a maximum deviation of 15F only.
The grates are non-stick; made of durable steel and porcelain coating for a rust-free, easy to clean experience. You get even heat distribution which causes food on both grates to be cooked equally well. Furthermore, this Traeger Grill model is compact, having dimensions of 41 x 27 x 49 inches, and weighing 103 lbs. Also, this grill is semi-portable, as two of its wheels have all-terrain wheels.
You get incredible wood-fired flavors no matter what you cook in this grill. That’s due to the 100% all-natural hardwood pellet fueling. Your cooking won’t be interrupted since there’s constant temperature control and a spacious 18 lbs hopper capacity (for the pellets) you can depend on. To measure food temperature, there are two meat probes, and the results get displayed on the LED read-out. Finally, to assure you of Traeger reliability, the company includes long-term customer support through a 3-year warranty period.
- Perfect grilling aided by the digital pro controller with advanced grilling logic.
- Extra grill rack for 154 square inches additional grilling space.
- Massive hopper capacity (18 lbs).
- All-terrain wheels on two of its legs.
- Easy to clean.
- Versatility in cooking.
- Auto-start feature.
- Some users found the customer support not up to the mark.
4. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
What looks like a sleek mini refrigerator is actually the Masterbuilt MB20071117 digital electric smoker. If you want to cook plenty of meat to perfection, this is the smoker to get! Going by the performance and customer satisfaction ratings, this is one of the best smoker grill combos available.
The Masterbuilt digital electric smoker is a 30-inch wonder that is incredibly easy to use. Simply set the smoker to your desired temperature level and voila! No more inconveniences associated with using propane or charcoal. This unique smoker is more efficient and results in yummier food!
This Masterbuilt model features four racks, each of which is chrome-coated. You can cook plenty of meat. To give you a perspective of the cooking capacity, the four racks can smoke 2 turkeys, 4 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, or 6 chickens. The dimensions of the electric smoker are 20.47 x 19.88 x 33.26 inches (about 45.9 lbs weight), and the maximum temperature level you can set it to is 275ᵒ F.
For loading wood chips, there’s a conveniently located side wood chip loading system. This system is patented and lets you add flavor to your cooking by adding chips without having to open the smoker. This way, heat doesn’t escape to adversely affect your cooking time and results. Overall, the digital control panel ensures a very user-friendly experience, whereby turning the smoker on and off and maintaining the cooking temperature and time are made simplistic. This equipment is quite a steal given its affordable price.
- Heat is retained optimally through the fully-insulated body.
- Even and consistent cooking results aided by the featured thermostat -temperature control system.
- 4 chrome-plated racks let you smoke a lot of meat at one go.
- Add wood chips without opening the door, through the patented side wood chip loading system.
- Digital temperature control system.
- Relatively lightweight.
- Sleek design.
- Doesn’t do as well at lower temperature settings.
5. Pit Boss Grills 77550 5.5 Pellet Smoker
The Pit Boss 77550 Pellet Smoker not only looks luxurious and elegant sitting on your patio, but it also performs wonderfully. It has the advantages associated with vertical pellet smokers — larger cooking space and more efficient airflow — whilst also the benefits associated with standard pellet grills — higher temperatures and enhanced fuel efficiency.
The most unique feature of this pellet smoker is its huge 1,548 square inches of total cooking surface area distributed among its 5 porcelain coated cooking grids. Hence, it’s a durable, long-lasting product with a high-capacity. The pellet hopper capacity is a staggering 40 lbs and the possible temperature range is 150-400°F (fully programmable). Thus, you may use it at a stretch of 24 hrs in one go to cook multiple sessions without refueling in between.
The digital LED readout and the meat probe allow you to monitor the progress of the internal temperature. There is also the auto-start feature to brag about. It uses a 30-watt igniter to start the process. Further, the auto shut-off functionality ensures precise cooking results. What makes this vertical pellet smoker most amazing is the large viewing window, which makes it a breeze to monitor the cooking process.
- The massive cooking capacity of 1,548 square inches.
- The 4 racks make this a versatile smoker grill combo.
- Durable cooking racks.
- Easy to monitor the cooking process from the window.
- The temperature range is fully programmable.
- Auto-start & auto-shut-off.
- With dimensions of 28 x 29 x 53 inches, it’s quite bulky.
- A bit difficult to clean.
6. Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker
The Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker (SMC) comes in three sizes. This 14-inch variant is the smallest among them. This model costs a lot less than the other two, which is the main reason people go for it. Another reason to opt for this cooker is specific needs. If you’re a single person, have a small cooking area, or if you want to throw small parties, then this model is the perfect pick for you.
We’ve already reviewed the Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, which is featured at the top of our list. The 14-inch model is similar, except for two main differences. One obvious difference is the higher fuel efficiency associated with a smaller sized capacity. The other difference is higher portability compared to larger variants. This means it’s incredibly easy to carry around and place in smaller spaces.
The only drawback is also size-related. The Weber 14-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker isn’t big enough to smoke a whole turkey, for instance. This portable 23 lbs smoker has 286 square inches of total grilling area within its compact 14.7 x 14.7 x 31.4-inch framework. Overall, it does a great job cooking and allowing the essence of the BBQ to fill the air around your house.
- Affordable compared to Weber’s similar larger-sized models.
- The small dimensions make it quite portable; suitable for tight cooking areas.
- Smaller capacity cooking means higher fuel efficiency.
- Easy to assemble using the free BILT app’s 3D interactive assembly instructions.
- 190°F maximum inside temperature.
- There’s a built-in lid thermometer.
- Plated steel grates and rust-resistant metal legs make it a durable product.
- Bigger models (18-inch & 22-inch) give it a competition, but they come at higher costs.
- Significantly smaller cooking surface area compared to other models.
7. Royal Gourmet 30″ BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker CC1830S
The Royal Gourmet (CC1830S) charcoal grill and offset smoker combination helps you prepare the most delicious meals through its high-performance design and versatility. It’s super easy to place this 54.2 lbs (measuring 48.4 x 27.2 x 55.1 inches) two-wheeled BBQ machine in tight spaces like patios, decks, and balconies. Though it’s compact, it does have a surprising 800 square inches of total cooking surface area.
The grilling temperature is easily regulated using the featured lid-mounted temperature gauge. This durable cooker checks all the checkboxes to be among the best smoker grill combos. The cooking grates are porcelain enamel coated to provide evenly heated results and durability. The adjustable charcoal pan design of the cooking chamber enhances the heating.
Safety is also a consideration here — the scald-proof handle remains cool to the touch no matter what the inside cooking temperature. The additional 183 square inches of cooking surface is owing to the combination offset smoker. With this smoker grill combo, you’re sure to get a smoky flavor as well as the versatility to roast tasty vegetarian side dishes for your family members.
- Large cooking surface area.
- Portable and easy to transport.
- Reasonably priced.
- Easy charcoal removal.
- A lid-mounted temperature gauge lets you regulate the grilling temperature with ease.
- Durable, porcelain enamel coated cooking grates.
- Adjustable charcoal pan.
- Safety through the scald-proof handle.
- Barbecuing at temperatures beyond 400°F is not suitable for the long life of the product.
8. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
There’s a lot to admire about the Dyna-Glo DGSS1382VCS-D heavy-duty vertical offset smoker and grill and its a must inclusion in our best smoker grill combo list. This option features five chrome-plated grilling grates, which is more than any other product on our list. The total cooking surface area is 1,382 square inches. That’s enough for a fairly large party!
The product is very durable, consisting of a heavy-gauge steel body framework. This is a truly user-friendly smoker griller. It has a temperature gauge that shows you different smoke zones to assist you in knowing the ideal temperature for infusing perfect smoke flavor in your cooking.
The cool-to-touch handles are a safety feature that makes it incredibly easy to refuel and or safely access the food. We also love the oversized wheels made of steel, as they provide easy mobility before and after use. The slide-out charcoal tray is another cool feature. It helps load the charcoal or wood efficiently, without letting the heat escape.
Considering the large total cooking surface area, this smoker is rather lightweight. Additionally, you can easily wheel it away to the storage area or any vacant corner. The door is closed with the featured clamps, and so it does leak. Luckily, a thin gasket taping could easily take care of that issue. As a final verdict, the Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D model offers great value for the price and is a beginner-friendly smoker.
- Five chrome-plated grilling grates.
- Impressive grilling surface area of 1,382 square inches.
- The heavy-gauge steel body adds to the durability.
- Cool-touch handles offer safer access to the food and fuel area.
- Slide-out charcoal tray.
- Oversized wheels for easy mobility.
- Incredible value for money.
- The door has clamps which make the smoker prone to leakage.
9. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black CC1830F
The Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill CC1830F is a sleek, stainless steel grill with an offset smoker attached to its side. Its lightweight and two-wheels give it easy mobility. The dimensions are 45.3 x 26.8 x 48 inches and it weighs only 57 lbs. The main cooking chamber has a 438 square inches surface area. The chrome warming rack has a 179 square inches capacity. The 183 square inches cooking surface area of the offset smoker gives you a total of 800 square inches of overall cooking surface area. This is the ideal family grill to have in your backyard.
The perks don’t end there! The charcoal pan has a maximum capacity to hold 5 lbs of charcoal at any given time. The black-painted exterior won’t chip as it features good heat resistance. Moreover, the heavy-duty lid has a built-in thermometer to help you monitor the cooking. And, efficient airflow is guaranteed through the help of the adjustable vents featured on this grill.
We also love the steel mesh table in the front and the shelf at the very bottom. They give you ample storage and working space and are incredibly easy to maintain after use.
- Heavy-duty lid.
- External thermometer.
- Adjustable handles.
- The front rack and bottom shelf provide great storage for cooking.
- Heat-resistant exterior paint.
- Compact design with wheels for mobility.
- Smoke leaks out once in a while.
- Some users reported the assembly is a bit tricky.
We feel the Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker is the best option for you to consider. Yet, the other products we’ve reviewed are also commendable for the performance and overall value you get. Pick one now so that you’re able to enjoy cooking your favorite recipes using one of these amazing smoker grill combos soon!